Costarican Traditions Tour
During this one day tour you will visit “Escazu”. This is a town of contrasts where you can find the most luxurious condominiums and gated communities as well as rural farms and historic houses. We will pick up a local tour guide in San Rafael de Escazu and our first stop will be at the street market in San Miguel de Escazu. Then you will continue to the church of San Antonio de Escazu where you will learn about the history of the town, the traditional oxcart and its monument. Then you will continue to a real “Trapiche” (sugar mill) where you will see and live the process of sugar cane from the point of view of a local costarican producer. After being part of this historic tradition you will visit an organic farm where a local farmer will show you how he has turned his backyard into an organic plantation for many reasons. And this is not the end, you will visit the CODECE Association office where you will learn about the conservation of the mountains of Escazu and enjoy a delicious home made lunch.
- Schedule: starts at 9:00 a.m. aprox. (Saturday)
- Duration: 5 hrs
- Available at: Central Valley
- Attire: Light clothes, walking shoes, hat or cap, sunglasses. Bring raincoat or poncho during the rainy season, camera, insect repelent and cash
- Minimum requested: 4 participants.
- It Includes: Round trip transportation, bilingual local tour guide, guided visit to a local Trapiche and Organic Farm, home made lunch at CODECE.
- Price*: $79 per person
- Pick-up places: San Jose, Escazu, Santa Ana, Belen
*Prices do not include transportation to pick-up place.
To make a reservation and pay using Paypal:
To make the payment by other method or to only request more information about the tour:
Looking for hotels:
Hotels in Costa Rica
Hotels in Guatemala