Celeste River At Tenorio Volcano Tour
Mysterious and imposing manifestations of hidden power transform the union of the Buena Vista and Roble rivers into a sky blue stream. After a typical breakfast the tour arrives at the Tenorio Volcano National Park, where our 7 k.m hike (approximately 4 hours) through the tropical rain forest begins. We will arrive to the site where two streams of crystalline water come together and form the heavenly color blue that gives the river its name. We return through trails with ecological wonders, including openings in the earth where we can excavate healing muds, take a mud bath, and a dip in the natural hot springs. We will seek out the volcano’s furnace vents that expel gases of extreme high temperatures. On our decent we will get to see the spectacular Rio Celeste waterfall whose colour makes it one of a kind.
- Schedule: starts at 7:30 a.m. aprox.
- Duration: 8 1/2 hrs
- Available at: Northern Plains
- Attire: Long pants, bath clothing, hiking shoes. Bring a towel, sunscreen, camera, insect repellent, binoculars.
- Minimum requested: 2 participants.
- It Includes: Transportation, bilingual guide, lunch, drinks, entrance fee.
- Price*: $105 per person
- Pick-up places: La Fortuna, Nayara, Manoa, Tabacon
*Prices do not include transportation to pick-up place.
To make a reservation and pay using Paypal:
To make the payment by other method or to only request more information about the tour:
Looking for hotels:
Hotels in Costa Rica
Hotels in Guatemala