Venado Caves Tour
The caves were formed during the Miocene period, 15 or 20 million years ago. For many years they were under sea level and due to tectonic movements they surfaced. Limestone rocks, stalactites, stalagmites and corals, form most of the caves. The whimsical stone formations are formed by the underground river. The length of the tour into the caves is one and a half hour, during this time we will find marine fossils, and also bats, spiders and crickets.
- Schedule: starts at 8:00 a.m. or 1:00 p.m. aprox.
- Duration: 5 hrs
- Available at: Northern Plains
- Attire: Long pants, t-shirt, hiking shoes. Bring extra change of clothing, towel.
- Minimum requested: 2 participants.
- It Includes: Transportation, bilingual guide, equipment, entrance fee, drinks.
- Price*: $65 per person
- Pick-up places: La Fortuna, Nayara, Manoa, Tabacon
*Prices do not include transportation to pick-up place.
To make a reservation and pay using Paypal:
To make the payment by other method or to only request more information about the tour:
Looking for hotels:
Hotels in Costa Rica
Hotels in Guatemala