Maleku Indigenous Reserve Tour
The Maleku Tribe, a branch of the Chibchas, is divided into three groups: Tonjibe, El Sol, and Margarita. The malekus at Margarita had open their hearts and their community to all visitors, this way, sharing with us a little of their culture, language and traditions. We will be received with a drink of “chicha” and a maleku history and language class. After that a hike with a maleku guide through a medicinal plant garden where we’ll get to learn about maleku medicine and their relationship with the ecosystem. Before our maleku lunch, we will have the chance to practice some artcrafts and arrow classes. Your visit ends with a theatrical presentation of one of their ancient customs.
- Schedule: starts at 7:30 a.m. aprox.
- Duration: 6 hrs
- Available at: Northern Plains
- Attire: Long pants, hiking shoes, hat. Bring sunscreen, camera, insect repellent, raincoat, binoculars.
- Minimum requested: 4 participants.
- It Includes: Transportation, bilingual guide, maleku guide, lunch.
- Price*: $99 per person
- Pick-up places: La Fortuna, Nayara, Manoa, Tabacon
*Prices do not include transportation to pick-up place.
To make a reservation and pay using Paypal:
To make the payment by other method or to only request more information about the tour:
Looking for hotels:
Hotels in Costa Rica
Hotels in Guatemala